Monday, October 27, 2008

Choose

Since the start of my semestral break, all I am doing here in the house is wake up, eat, play, take a bath, play some more, and sleep. Nothing has been happening in my life these past few weeks that have some deep impact on my monotonous activities as a student. Well, since school's out, nothing has been happening that I can call worthy of being blogged.

Maybe the lack of pressure in my life now is slowly draining away everything creative in my whole being. But as I experienced during the last few weeks of the past semester, too much pressure cooks a person into something bland, dull, rubbery, and tasteless. Every creative energy I had was diverted into nothing but schoolwork. There were nights when I shifted into the seventh out of the six gears I know I have. I had to type a truckload of reports for our sales and inventory management system project, study ten theses statements for my final oral exam, and study for countless hours for three subjects. I had to overclock myself since everything needed to be done at the same time, or else, all hell would break loose.

Recently, I have discovered in myself that I am a very indecisive person, indecisive to the point that the opportunity to choose passes away because of the very lengthy time I take to decide. I have always been telling myself that I'd rather not choose because I do not want to make a decision that I might regret in the end, but as I talk to people who are older than me, I discover that I want to choose both. I always look at both choices and want them equally as the other. I do not know if I get torn whenever I leave something behind for another, but the fact remains that most of the time, I lose both because I want the two of them badly. I ranted to a friend of mine how boring sembreak life was because there was nothing to do. I also told him how I hated the hell weeks in school since I can't afford to slack off.

Gian (10/15/2008 6:35:27 PM): make up your mind

Philosophy 101 has taught me that man is man because he has the ability to choose freely, and these decisions will affect his future.

I always have reasons to choose something and not to choose something. The problem is, I always have a reason for everything.

I'm just afraid.

No comments: