Tuesday, October 14, 2008

My Eye!

After playing for a week as Isabella of the Spanish in Civilization 4: Warlords from midnight until the faint blue color of the skies crept up my window, my right eye started to complain. It became sore most of the time, with me paying little or no attention to it. After a few days, the soreness went away, only to be replaced by an even more irritating counterpart, a stye. I woke up with my right eye jammed with a sticky and terribly grotesque paste. I will save the details (especially the color) because it will be enough for someone to hurl their week's worth of food or start a period of extreme loss of appetite of epic proportions.

I immediately told my sister who is a nurse about my awful right eyelid. At first, I thought it was a pimple since a dot of pus emerged from my eyelid, but upon further reasoning, my sister and I concluded that the horrible abomination that lived in my eyelid is nothing more but a kuliti. We figured that if it was a pimple, why was it in the eyelid, and not on the surface of it? She told me that these horrible things were caused by bacteria, hence the pus. As the day progressed, the dot of pus grew larger and larger. Every time I gingerly checked my eye, the small dot of discoloration grew more and more. It was like a small, yellow green balloon being inflated to its extremes.


And then, it happened.


Well, the discomfort of something always poking my eye is less now as compared to before. I guess I should start getting some sleep. Hell week has taken a chunk out of my resistance, and what I'm doing now isn't helping either.

1 comment:

. said...

Mukha ngang lahat tayo eh may tama ang immune system lately. It must be the weather.