Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Dreaming

The night sky is clear.

As a gentle breeze blows the fine blanket of fallen leaves, I feel my chest quiver. The faint rustle of leaves sounds like a small wave lapping on a rocky shore. Memories come back like they happened just minutes ago. Patterns emerge out of the darkness: patterns of tears; patterns of emptiness. Everything feels as if each is slowly settling into their proper corners of the sky, but I am still in the same spot, staring at the stars that continue to twinkle amidst the overpowering abyss that surrounds them.

Confusion fills me.
Sadness visits me.
Emotions leave me to a state of nothingness.
Cycles start to turn again.
I don't know what to do anymore.

The pain still throbs up to this very day, and no wonder why: I keep on holding to it, never letting it go, and never giving it time to heal. Time ticks by, and life goes on. The seconds elapse, the minutes pass, hours expire, and days turn into weeks. Months become years, and goes on forever until the end of time.

Life must go on.


Dreams within the still of night
On the wings of hope take flight inside me
There upon some distant shore
We want for nothing more
Than what will be
-- A Bride in Dream

No comments: