Thursday, January 1, 2009

Fireworks Once Again

Naisip ko na those fireworks were set off by people who have conquered their own little ebony sky. The flash of light, the drizzle of sparks, the shine of different chromes blazing across the sky came with the bright hopes and dreams for the new year they were happily anticipating. They bid the last few moments of the year with anticipation and welcomed the new year full of optimism and promise. All of these I saw through their eyes. I saw their open hearts ready to embrace new blessings, new opportunities, new hopes, new promises, new, relationships, new challenges, new problems, and new difficulties that 2008 will be bringing them. They were ready to leave the past without forgetting the lessons they have learned and face the new year with faces confident and held up high.

-- Fireworks, January 1, 2008


A year has passed.

And what a year it has been.

Things seem the same, but they are immensely different along the vague and invisible lines of our lives. Strings have been cut, threads have been weaved, and we are all but an infinite piece of cloth, both tattered and finely-spun at the same time...

The beginnings have all but ended, and the endings are starting. Time has clocked its course, and yet here I am, alone and silently standing under each deafening creak and groan of the cogs of fate. Blinded by fury, beguiled by sadness, and hyped by mania, I push on forward, in a negative perspective to keep my sanity saved...

The rain stopped when the clock struck twelve. It was as if the weather joined the celebration for the new year. Inside my room, I heard the ear-splitting vulcan booms of the fireworks that momentarily turned the night into day. The bright lights of the pyrotechnics flashed on the deeply frosted old-style windows of my room. People outside were cheering and was caught in a stupor that everyone was a victim of. The new year has arrived, but there I was inside my room, playing.


Once you've lost something valuable, your life will never ever be the same again.


A year has passed
and a year will pass,

thank you to all the people who became part of my life.

Hopefully, you'll still be the same people I'll share 2009 with.

No comments: