Sunday, December 28, 2008

In Four Days

In four days, a new year will begin.

I'm not looking forward to a new year. How is the new year any different from this year?

A friend of mine told me, "It's the choices that make us who we are, and we can always choose to do what's right."

Does he mean that I've been all wrong all along?

January made things turn to worse. He gave me something to look forward to, but I end up losing what was most important to me.

February gave me the kind of dangerous solitude I hate the most. Weird though as I am almost always attracted to the blind and empty freedom it promises.

March made me lose something, and that something will remain scratched in my memories forever.

June made me realize that I have been living for twenty years, but no one seemed to care but me.

July made me happy, but in the end, crushed my poor soul. I thought it was the beginning of a new life, however, it was the beginning of an end.

August and September crept up silently like the night sky. They barred any happiness and left me devoid of emotions.

October gave me a smile, only to painfully take it back as he left.

November told me that I am ready, only to be crushed again.

December embraces me in such a cold sorrow that I remain closed in the year that is to come.


Tomorrow brings new beginnings, but in reality, tomorrow is always a day away. No wonder it only gives people a fake sense of hope.

2 comments:

Jinjiruks said...

ei anu na naman yan. u shud be positive sa pagpasok ng taon. malay mo next year ito na ang taon mo para sumaya.

Anonymous said...

I'd rather remain negative so that if things aren't that different, then I won't be disappointed.