Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Clock Strikes Twenty - Late by Forty-Eight

The clock struck twenty two days ago. Everything was normal. Each and every moment that passed by was just like any other moment in the past. Nothing special happened. Seconds, minutes, and hours passed, and as each moment fleeted by, both happy and sad memories came blazing across the night, which left my eyes blurry with tears and left me gasping for air free from the memories of the past.

Emotions kept overwhelming my very confused being. I always thought that everything will be alright, as time took its own natural course. As I gazed upon the threads and threads of memories mingling with the faint shine of the stars, I kept remembering everything dear that I still keep inside my heart. I kept seeing the moments when I felt important and happy, and the moments when I made everyone feel important and happy. I remembered the times when I was content with what I had, with who I was with, and what I had become. But in the empty spaces of those strands of memories flying in the midnight ocean, darkness remained. It wasn't for long that I found myself plunged in the bitter cold of the memories that shattered the very core of my humanity. I felt millions of white-hot knives slowly touching my skin, initiating a hellish kiss that beckons pain that seemed to last an eternity. In a fraction of a heartbeat, I was instantly covered in the shadows, putting the silver chains that bound me alive in danger. I embraced myself along with everything dear to me, and prepared for the worst if it was to come.

It was then that a streak of light different from all the rest appeared. It was a familiar spectacle, at least to my eyes. I kept on trying to remember what that was, and after a moment's pause and a skipped heartbeat, I remembered it. I stood my ground and tried to undo the damage the darkness was dealing me.

I remembered the patch of sunshine made for one.

I remembered the time when two hearts beat as one.

In that star of hope, might, and strength, I saw the one and only truth that I was searching for. The midnight ocean was not the evening sky, but were the windows of my eyes. Deep inside my eyes filled with tears of sadness and strength, I saw everything important in the thing I call life.

The clock struck nineteen. I am still not ready.

The clock strikes twenty. I'm slowly getting there.

Please wait for me.

No comments: