Thursday, June 12, 2008

The Load Revision Form (ADSA's Copy)

Events turn for the unexpected in ways you cannot seem to reach and leave you catching your breath. You feel too tired to move forward, but your mind is telling you that you should since there's no turning back.

Now, I turn to the most sacred and invisible altar of my invisible gods and destinies. I ask them to let luck shine upon my confused mind and grant me the tidings of a better class schedule every Thursday.

Last night, a classmate of mine told me her that she succeeded in shifting out of our class in Hi165 and into an MWF class. Upon hearing her exciting news, I hurriedly printed out a copy of my class schedule. The Department of History required mainly three documents: the LRF, a photocopy of my Assessment Form, and a copy of my class schedule. I scolded myself for my very negative and reluctant attitude the day before, and after a few moments of silence, I fell fast asleep. I was looking forward to going to school the following day and pass my requirements to the secretary who I apparently loathed the day before because of her department's nuisance protocol.

Earlier this morning, Mamie dropped me off, but I still arrived at school late. There was an accident involving two cars and an SUV. This along with everyone's curiosity stretched my usual travel time of a quarter of an hour (it should be even less since Mamie dropped me off at school) to about an hour and twenty. Since I was already late, I decided to complete my requirements for the History Department first since if I waited until my class was over, the department would be closed for their lunch break, and I would receive the results at a later time tomorrow. I rushed to Ate Maricar to photocopy my Assessment form, went to the caf to buy an envelope after, and hurried back to Leong Hall. I was already about 30 minutes late for my class. I read the department's memo for the last time, and then entered the department. The cooled air filled my lungs with something terribly like a fake emancipation. I trembled a little bit, but remained composed since there were people around.

I approached the desk of the secretary which I didn't mean to abhor two days ago. I smiled at her, and she smiled back. I handed over my envelope, and as soon as I answered her question of which subject was the matter, my world was crushed. Her lips opened and violently screeched a devil's chord, at least to my own ears.

"Kaso, ang open na lang na class ay yung section A, yung 9 to 10:30 tuwing TTh."

I have a class during that time. I can't make way for that History class as well, since my class during that time is a major, a single class only offered every first semester. I can't withdraw my history as well since I'll be underloaded, I wouldn't be able to graduate on time, and my scholarship prohibits me from doing so. All I could that time was pass my request even if the chances of me transferring to another section is zero.

"Ipapass ko na rin po. Andito na rin po kasi, eh. Salamat na lang po."

I left Leong Hall with a heavy heart, but with a level of optimism high enough to keep me hoping, instead of moping.

Soon after, I learned that Fr. Arcilla gave us a freecut. My efforts of walking extra fast and sweating under the dry, hot air was wasted, but at least, I wasn't late after all.

Later that afternoon, a friend of mine told me that today is the last day for the submission of LRFs. My world broke instantly, but soon I realized how weird it was for the school to set a deadline on a Thursday. And besides, if the History Department knows about this, the secretary shouldn't accept my request for deliberation. I tried to check the dates, but I didn't find anything posted in the bulletin boards. After seeing the box-office line in front of Window 2, I headed home.

Was it true that today is the last day for the submission of LRFs? The thought bothered me tremendously.

I left school with a heavy heart, but with a level of reasoning high enough to keep me believing. But I was unable to hide my sadness to the fact that today could really be the deadline.

I will be unable to sleep soundly later this evening. I'm sure that questions will be flooding my mind, inundating the things which lull me to sleep. I'm afraid that I will be sad if my request gets denied, but the weird thing is, I know that my request has no probability of getting accepted. I just can't admit to myself that I am in this situation because of my fickleness and weak will to take a risk I was willing to take in the first place.

Fate, please shine a smile on me. I would really appreciate it if you did.

Buti pa si Bianca.

No comments: