Tuesday, June 17, 2008

My Apologies, Dear Fate

One cannot fully appreciate the things that fate leads us until one fully understands why fate chose that path. One could only moan in disbelief or in horror until the sun shines, lifts the fog, and lightens up everything that were once blanketed in the shadows.

I felt so crossed at the History Department when they decided to put me in a buffered slot in a class that would potentially ruin my schedule even more. I felt unnerved to myself since everything was due to my lack of resolve and poor, poor judgment. Thoughts blundered me aimlessly, and I felt as if all my efforts were all for naught. I remained stuck in the stagnant time-space continuum wherein history keeps repeating itself in written and verbal words. I was forced to prepare myself to face an enormous enemy, with my intentions shoved to the side. I was to fight, whether I liked it or not.

Earlier this day, we were informed by Mr. Diy that our lab was to be split into two sessions. Instead of having it on Thursdays for three straight hours, we were to have our lab session on Tuesdays on Thursdays, from 12 pm until 1:30 pm.

Fate really did shine a smile on me. But due to the circumstances and the emotions I was feeling, I only saw something of a sinister snicker. It wasn't even something close to a smile. My vision was blurred because I did not want to see what needed to be seen. But perhaps, my eyes could've failed me because the end was nowhere near me, and my myopic eyes were incapable to focus.

Fate, I am really sorry. Thank you for everything.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

aww... paminsan maganda pa naman na mahaba ang lab. oh well.. at least ok na ang schedule mo

Anonymous said...

pero hindi kasing fun ang lab ni mr.d-i-y kaysa sa lab natin with mr.calasan-z.

:)