Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Part-time Work?

I was running late this morning. Since I fixed the browser problem of my laptop, for a week now, I've been sleeping at around 2 am solely because I am reading manga.

I cursed my luck. It was as if I was being deliberately slowed down by an outside force. I waited for so long to catch a tricycle exiting the subdivision. I waited even more to find an ordinary bus since I desperately needed its reckless speed to arrive at Central, but I ended up riding an aircon bus since the ordinary buses were overflowing with passengers. When I arrived at UP, at least, I was able to catch a jeep headed for Katipunan immediately.

I hurried to my first class. I just hurried because I was 20 minutes late in CS123 last Monday. Immediately after opening the stupid door which was hard to open, I focused my eyes in the front to see what was happening. To my surprise, Ma'am Lovenia wasn't there. Ate Mel was the one in there, conducting the evaluation for Ma'am Lovenia.

Ang aga naman po yata ng evaluation.

Dalawa na kasi yung evaluation ngayon.

I finished the evaluation form as fast as possible, since I had the strong urge to take a leak. I stepped outside, and I saw Ma'am Lovenia posting something on the corkboard of AJWCC.

They were looking for part-timers.

After class, I went over and looked at the blue ad Ma'am Lovenia posted earlier. Ateneo Java Wireless Competency Center was looking for people interested to work for them part-time as Graphic Designers, Mobile Game Testers, Junior Instructors, and other positions related to their field in Mobile Software and Technology. I was interested in applying, however, I didn't know why I felt something heavy in my chest whenever I thought of working part-time in AJWCC.

I asked a friend of mine for advice on what should I do.


Gusto kong mag-work part-time kasi gusto kong maexperience yung mag-work. But the thing is hindi ko alam kung bakit may part ng sarili ko na ayaw.

Basta, kung hindi ka 100% sure about anything, e 'di 'wag mong gawin.

Pero may doubts ako in anything I do...

I'm sure naman na not everything... There must be something na alam mong kayang-kaya mong gawin. Bakit ba ayaw mong gawin?

Yun nga eh. Hindi ko alam. Gusto ko, pero ayaw ko rin. Graaah.

Maybe because it's something different than what you're used to?


I don't know. Maybe that's the reason why. I'm so weak-willed the past few weeks that I'm even afraid to inquire about the job offering. Honestly, I felt really, really incompetent.

Maybe I'm afraid of a change since in the current state of things, I don't have someone to rely on. I'm so weak-willed because I have lost someone who brought a real and definite sense of security in my life.

I feel exposed to the harsh realities of life, but I cannot do anything but to face them. I
have to face them. I need to.



I want to sleep. I really want to.

No comments: