Saturday, January 12, 2008

Kite

It hasn't stopped raining since early this morning. And this rain started yesterday afternoon while I was sitting quietly under the gray sky.

I didn't feel like going to school today at all. The blanket of cold, stagnant air made my heavy eyes even heavier. But I struggled to rise from bed as I need to see my kids. But when we arrived there, no one was around. Kuya Rudy said that most of the kids had make-up classes in their respective schools. So much for that. Well, we played "Wooly Wooly World" and "Saan nakatingin yung piso?" on our way back, and it was fun. I was even laughing my lower jaw off.

Kuya Archie dropped us by Mcdo. Yanyan and I continued to mock the illustrations of our over-sized NSTP book, while the others ate their lunch. It was then I received a text message from EJ informing me that they had a processing session and wouldn't be out until 2:00pm. (Right now, I was just looking at Warriors Orochi at GameFAQs. Me want.) At that point, I had an internal conflict in deciding if I would still go with them or just go home and sleep. Ding suggested me to join them in the programming varsity. The conflict level inside of me rose even higher. I asked who were going, and it was then I told myself I should not go. They left, leaving me all alone to wait for another hour or so.

"Saan ka maghihintay?"

"Ewan ko pa"

I went to Webtown and discovered that my account no longer existed. I went to CD Factory and looked for some game titles (it was there I found Warriors Orochi). Another internal conflict broke inside me as I tired to decide where to stay. My feet led me to the Recto-bound platform of Katipunan Station.

I sat there and patiently waited. Trains arrived and left, people walked past me. The world around me continued to turn and exist in time while I stagnated myself from it as I sat on the floor, playing M-SuDoKu. After the horrible grid I solved in 17 minutes and 39 seconds because I was utterly unfocused, EJ texted me that Raf brought his car. It was then I learned that overstaying in the station has a penalty of P24.00. I should have gone to Gateway and back.

As Raf cruised along the wet roads, EJ, seated in the front, talked to him. They talked and talked and talked and talked about things I don't know about. I wasn't irritated, but was "happy" that they were happy. I busied myself with silently staring at the water droplets that were swayed by the wind. I tried to count them, but were innumerable for my confused mind to mathematically comprehend.

"Magagalit ba kayo sa akin kung uuwi na ako ngayon?"

"Huh? Kailangan mo nang umuwi?"

"Hindi naman."

I opened the door and felt the cold blanket of polluted air cover me. I prayed for their happiness and safety.

As I sat at the back of the bus on my way home, Once again, I tried to count the infinite droplets that splattered on the windows. It was occupying my mind, and it was only in that act of sheer impossibility I kept my sanity. My fortitude eroded away, but at least, I was still sane. Well, sane in the point of a mental implosion or in the very verge of cerebral insanity.

The very first thing I saw in my room as I entered was the kite I earnestly bought. It was too much. I had to sleep and forget all about everything.

It is weird that a person can be overly ecstatic, laughing his ass off at 11:35am and be at a gorge of sorrow and despair at 11:45am of the same day. I can't understand the irony of seeing someone or something and feeling happy and depressed at the same time.

But one thing is for sure: you cannot fly a kite on a rainy day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Grrr... malungkot na naman ang post! 'Wag na kasi kung anu-ano iniisip. Hehehe. Manood ka ng comedy para sumaya ka. Haaay.

Anonymous said...

May CS deliverable pa kami eh. Sorry.